Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Saturday 14 January 2017

Script to Screen Reading



Reading 'Film Directing Shot by Shot' I found some useful stuff in there about storyboarding and how I'm going to do this project, in chapter 5 it talks about five phases of pre-viz before producing a proper film so I've done this post to jot down some notes.

Phase One: Scriptwriting

  • Memory and research (photoboards/influence maps)
  • Connections (flow of scenes)
  • Sound and music
  • Sketchbook/Thumbnails
Phase Two: Production Design
  • Script breakdown
  • Pictorial Design of film's environment, set design, props, characters etc.
  • Continuity Design (composition of shots and staging of action)
  • Location scouting
  • Illustrated script (sketches and pictures alongside script)
  • Overview Meeting (In my case self reviewing)
Phase 3: Script Analysis
  • Shot plan
  • Storyboard
And once I have the story board I can begin the animatic and after that the CG pre-viz.


No comments:

Post a Comment