Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Photoshop Digital Painting Exercise 01: Black and White Apples

Yesterday I had my first session with Jordan where we learnt about digital painting in Photoshop using a graphics tablet, we were told to paint the left image. Despite me working better with colour over black and white I think I did a good job. 

Jordan showed me a tool that traps transparent pixels (can be found next to the word lock above layers) and this allows you to work the same as a clipping mask without having two layers, this helped me achieve a more realistic feel. The background I did by applying a texture and gradient overlay. I paint by starting with block colours and working over that adding more detail in layers then I clean up edges.

Below are some work in progress images.




2 comments:

  1. good job, Paris - just watch the width/size of your images - if you look they're exceeding the margin of the blogging area - re-edit, click on the images and choose the next size down.

    ReplyDelete