Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Friday 9 July 2021

Tunnels VFX Progress 1

Below is my first progress in experimenting with VFX in Unreal Engine. I have been focusing mainly on the emissive element. For now, I've made a quick place holder mesh in Blender (tutorial here) so I can see what it looks like on a tunnel shape and size. I also downloaded coal and dirt materials from megascans to act as placeholder textures.


To achieve the lighting above, I used a combination of the 3 tutorials below:



Flowing Noise Tutorial:



Pulsing Light:



What I'm trying to achieve for now:

  • A sense of energy, that this place is alive.
  • A look of something unearthly - the ethereal element to 'hellscape ethereal'


Next steps for VFX:

  • Working out some colour to represent negative emotional energy - dark iridescent.
  • Make the veins look like it's carrying something inside them.
  • Figure out a way to make the light look like its coming from inside the wall/travelling through the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment