Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Friday 5 March 2021

Returning to Panda Hut

Nearly a year ago I started a project called Panda Hut, based on concept art by Sylvain Sarrailh (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmExA4)


Initially I was too ambitious with what I was trying to achieve which is why I didn't get far to begin with. I wanted to prove to myself I could make a good 3D environment and successfully translate someone else's 2D concept. I also wanted to use this project to demonstrate my skills in substance painter, substance designer, zbrush and unreal engine, (3 of which I had never used at the time).

https://parisanimationarts.blogspot.com/2020/04/panda-hut-one-chilled-panda-wip-1.html

"The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." — Confucius

Almost a year later, I have learned these programmes and have small projects behind me to exemplify what I know. After a lot of industry and job research, I've decided I'm going to tailor my portfolio towards stylised 3D environment art - and thanks to Stylised Station's youtube channel I now have an idea of the workflow I'm going to use to finish this project.

Step 1: Block Modelling in Maya.

Step 2: High Resolution Modelling in ZBrush

Step 3: Retopologising high resolution mesh to be low and UV Map in Maya.

Step 4: Bake maps with Substance Painter (or Xnormal)

Step 5: Texture Models and export textures using Substance Painter + Photoshop.

Step 6: Bring it altogether in Unreal Engine, light, composite and export.


Starting with stylised wood planks for the red and white roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment