Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Friday 7 September 2018

A Time Apart: Type Face Idea

I had an idea for the type face for my film that I needed to visualise, thinking about what fonts would be good, I came with the idea of dressing old worn/eroded poster text in evacuee items, (all the items are featured in the film except for the teddy bear). The first 2 are what I had in mind initially but then realised I may have over done it so I posted another version below with less dress up. 



I think it clearly displays the idea that the film is about war children and has harshness juxtaposed with child innocence/evacuee items but I'm not sure if its too much and I should go with something simpler that changes the tone to gloomy rather than harsh. Below shows some film covers I've been looking at for their type faces in relation to their story (which all share similar themes with my film).



1 comment:

  1. I think your 'go simpler' instincts are bang on with this, Paris - there is a melancholy to those fewer objects and a sense of austerity too. I think this is working :)

    ReplyDelete