Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Monday 5 September 2016

Summer Project 2016


For my summer project, I was asked to produce 101 concept drawings using only the selection of objects given to me in a picture. The concept drawings had to be generated in three categories: Structures, Life forms and Machines, (I did 3 of each category). 



When I finished my 101 concept drawings, I picked three (one structure, one life form,
one machine) and developed them further into resolved designs and
 presented them as turnarounds so you could see front, side and back views.



The machine below is the combination of steampunk - cogs, the structure of a sewing machine and a lava lamp, the idea is that the cogs work to generate electricity that powers the lava lamp. 

The structure below is inspired by a dragonfly, the bulbs act like eyes but I messed around with the structure a bit more and ended up looking like an airplane where as it's meant to look like a dragon fly with an extended tail.
Below are coloured in versions of the life form and machine concept, the structure I have left uncoloured as to me it seems best suited in black and white.



1 comment:

  1. Hi - see link for examples of previous Invisible Cities project work:
    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fao-caa-yr-1-invisible-cities-2016.html
    Please share widely and ensure your classmates are looking at all of this too!

    More announcements to follow on the group blog soon!

    ReplyDelete