Featured post

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

A-k-a, my public learning diary for my 3D animation degree and since graduating, my free-time independent 3D studies and personal projects

Monday 26 September 2016

Moriana Influence Map


This influence map is to help design the middle exterior of this city where a massive sculpture will be symmetrical heads, one face is Medusa's, this is the darker parts of town "bristling with spikes" "ropes only good for hanging oneself from a rotten beam". The other face is going to be Moriana's where the "alabaster gates transparent in sunlight" "dancing girls with silvery scales swim" the more optimistic side to be. The story of this city's sculpture is obviously Medusa inspired, but before Medusa became the monster we know her as, she was once known as Moriana. I'll have to think more on why that sculpture is important to the city's inhabitants.

1 comment:

  1. If I can help, I think you're on to something.
    Invisible Cities describes Venice in all these different ways. Moriana could be representing how the Venice of Polo's day was beautiful and elegant to the outsider, but really it was this foul den of corruption, xenophobia and exploitation that every Venetian treated almost as a fact of life.
    Every city has an elegant face it shows to the world, and a rotten core that hides behind the pure facade.

    ReplyDelete